Here’s some tips, of course nothing professional, but things I’ve learned myself.
Hope it helps some of you guys. ovo
I got a bunch of asks about the 3D effect and texture! Im really bad at tutorials and I know there are alot of 3D effect tutorials out there but I will try my hardiest please forgive me if this is really bad haaaaaa
+ in photoshop open your image
+ duplicate the layer! dubble click on the new layer to get this box to show up
+ on blending options click “blend interior effects as group” and then unclick B and G to get a pretty blue color shown in the box on the side [you can click and unclick R G and B to make different colors but I like the blue color~]
+ then edit -> free transform! and move it a bit to the right [or left or up or down ]
you get a cool 3D effect!
+ then go back to the first original layer and duplicate it again!
+Filter -> Pixelate-> color halftone!
+ for Max. radius I usually just put in a number from 4-10! play around with it until you get a dot size you like!
+ put the layer on multiply
+ Bring down the opacity
I erase the dots around the skin so only the shadowed areas will have dots on it!
+ then I sharpen the image Filter -> sharpen -> unsharp mask
+ then your donee! you can edit it with like filters and stuff after but this effect is over yea!!
masterpost for when u wanna draw!!
- jfashion magazines!!! (helps out with outfits/people)
- paint online!!
- some paint tool sai brushes!!
- mypaint (its free and its kinda like photoshop its really cool!)
- firealpca (its free and its pretty much a mix between sai and photoshop!!)
- photoshop (for free! and other stuff)
- more textures
- more brushes
- bonus: a kawaii photo editor
FUCK THIS I SPERFECT, IT SHOWS THE ARM PRONATING AND ALL THE MUSCLES SHIFTING ALONG WITH THE WRIST
IT EVEN HIGHLIGHTS THE ULNA BONE
HEY THIS IS THE ULTIMATE ANATOMY REF, FUCK THOSE MISLEADING TERRIBLE FUCKING “ANATOMY” TUTORIALS THAT GOEAS AROUND TUMBLR, THIS IS ALL OYU NEED, LOOK AT THE LATISIMUS STRETCHING OVER THE SERRATUS, THE PECTORAL MUSCLE MOVESUPWARDS AND OVER THE BICEP AND EXTENDS ALONG WITH THE ARM THERES EVEN THE CORACOBRACHIALIS;. AAAA OMFG I’M SO HAPPYYYYYY
Some hand references.
Redid a post by fucktonofanatomyreferencesreborn with sources because they never source anything and I don’t want to reblog that post because I don’t want to support blogs who don’t give credit to people
(No, stating that the art is ~not yours~ and ~came from elsewhere~ IS NOT PROPER CREDIT. Many of these have usernames and such on them but not every single one and you still ought to link back to the specific piece)
I couldn’t source the last one so I didn’t include it.
Tumblr Dashboard Image Sizes:
- Photo post: 500 by 750 pixels for dashboard view; 1280 by 1920 pixels for high-res version (except for superwide panoramas).
- Photoset: 500-pixel width for one image in a photoset row. 245-pixel width for two images in a photoset row. 160-pixel width for three images in a photoset row. Gutters are 10 pixels.
- Audio Post: 169 by 169 pixels for album art.
- Link Post: 130 by 130 pixels for the thumbnail image grabbed by Tumblr from web link (if available).
- Text Post: 125-pixel width for images added to a text post, which expand when clicked.
- Avatar: 64-by-64-pixel icon next to posts.